Over 60 years ago Vision Center was born when founders Dr. David Dick and Dr. Jack Thatcher came together and started a partnership. Their office was located on East 2nd street in downtown Muscatine. Their mission was to provide the highest quality eye care in eastern Iowa, a mission that still stands today. Dr. Mark Mather and Dr. Brian Davis joined them in 1976 and 1984 respectfully, and the practice grew.
The 1990’s brought about much change and continued growth for Vision Center P.C. as the office moved from its downtown location to its current home at 1700 Park Avenue. In moving, the office was able to expand in exam rooms, and in its optical offerings. The selection of eyewear now sat at over 1,000 frames to choose from.
The 1990’s also brought about the addition of Dr. Toni Eller in 1993, and Dr. Chris Scholz in 1999.
Every ending is a new beginning and in 2013 Dr. Mather started a new beginning in retirement after serving Muscatine community for over 37 years. One year later brought another new beginning as Dr. Walsh entered the practice.
Today Vision Center P.C. has 2 offices serving the communities of Muscatine and Tipton.
As technology advances, so does our approach to eye care, but our goal of maintaining your eye health for life never does.
Our doctors and staff are continually working to improve our patients’ care and appreciation of their eyes.